Sunday, September 12, 2010

Post 23

Dating/relationships are hard due to what I've been through. There was an incident when I first went away to college and a lot of things happened to me when I was a kid as well. I've never been able to talk about what I went through as a child so I'm going to start what happened in college. Here goes...

I didn't grow up in the easiest family situation. My Dad's an alcoholic and he and Mom were always fighting. He also threw us around from time to time. When I graduated from high school, I just wanted to get away. I began college the fall of 2000 and everything started off great. I loved my dorm, my classes, my professors, went through recruitment and got into the best sorority on campus, it was just perfect. I felt happy and accepted for the first time in my life. Looking back I think: "Fucking idiot, you should have known it was too good to be true. How could you let your guard down like that?".

A few days after I accepted my sorority bid, I went to a fraternity party with some of my new "sisters". At some point, something was slipped into my drink. When the drug took effect, I was taken to a field and was raped for several hours by numerous people. I wasn't conscious the entire time but was during a lot of it. What I remember is pretty fucked up and I'm not getting into that at this point.

I actually did go to the police and went through with the rape investigation. It was a big mistake and another fucking nightmare. I went through that hell for nothing. In the end, the guys who drugged and raped me got away with it. I wound up transferring to another college.

-Anonymous

2 comments:

Azurdee said...

squish, always and forever

Mer said...

i like your blog, so i've decided to add it to my blog list at http://agirlsruminations.blogspot.com :)