Saturday, September 11, 2010

Post 4: Poem by Angela Shelton

I can tell by the look in your eyes
That you need to confide
It’s okay now, it’s safe
Our hearts are open wide

Tell me your story
I’ve probably heard it before
Everybody’s got one to tell
And I know you went through hell
So pour it our darling, purge the pain
Holding it inside gives you no more gain
Tell me your story
I’ve heard it before
And after you, there are many many more

All I know is that we’re here right now
Healing is happening, even if you don’t know how
Let’s just be here for a minute
You survived you’re alive and here to tell it
So don’t cry your life away – begin it.

I know the words that you heard
The hurting and the yelling
You believed it was all true
Now it’s like a fog that’s lifting
into repeated pain, you’ve been drifting
I know it

No sense hiding, we’ve all been there before
The tears will change, don’t worry
It’s time to open a whole new door
I know it feels wrong
To have been through it for so long
To have seen what you’ve seen,
There is a reason for it, there must be.
All I know is that we’re here right now
just be here a minute
you survived, you’re alive and here to tell it
Don’t cry your life way - begin it.



Angela Shelton

1 comment:

LadyJtalks said...

Each day is another chance to begin life...yes, we have heard that story before and sadly we will hear it again