Saturday, September 11, 2010

Post 5: By Anonymous (Triggering)

Damaged Goods

I blankly stare into oblivion not knowing where my world ends and everyone else’s begins.
My crystal castle has been shattered around me.
I hopelessly try to pick up all the pieces before anyone can see.
I should have known better. I should have done better.
My boundaries got fucked, literally.
I couldn’t stop them, even when I asked for help, it hurt.
Death of innocence, death of a life, death of a child-they must all be mourned.
What good am I now? All used and damaged.

Now, I wait in darkness, with only the light of my computer to keep me company.
I sit here trembling in horror like when I was a child.
I cower in fear at every noise, like the child who was bound helplessly in a corner awaiting her attackers.
My skin crawls, if I think of someone touching me.
Stay back. I might break.
I can only hear the hum of my computer and the sobs of a whimpering child pleading to be helped.

1 comment:

LadyJtalks said...

So many survivors now have the computer to stare at and reach out. I never had that and my dark hours where long. i wish for your healing to everyone who still hears that child's voice